What do we do?
We engage with politicians and the media to spread the word about Young Enterprise, calling for change that will improve destinations for the UK’s young people.
Public Affairs work
We work with MPs, government, civil servants and wider industry to help shape public policy so that all young people are provided with the opportunities to develop their employability skills and financial capability.
With our extensive involvement with schools, local and national businesses, and teachers across the breadth of the country, we’re uniquely placed to understand the pressing issues facing our education system and the skills young people need in order to succeed in the workplace and in life.
That’s why we continue to push for policy and regulatory change that helps to:
- Ensure young people leave education ready for work and life – regardless of their destination – and provide young people with a means of demonstrating this
- Widen opportunities for young all people regardless of background or circumstance to engage in the world of work and fulfil their economic and personal potential, and remove barriers to consistency of provision in this area
- Foster engagement from all those in the community – from teaching staff to local and national employers – and encourage each to understand their potential role and play their part.
We seek to achieve this through a wide range of public affairs activities, including:
- Meetings with Ministers and Members of Parliament to outline both the impact of Young Enterprise on young people and our vision for helping to improve young people’s destinations
- Providing secretariat for the APPG on Financial Education for Young People – one of the largest of its type in Parliament – which has led influential inquiries into financial education in primary and secondary schools, further education, and for vulnerable young people
- Providing evidence to select committees and other relevant parliamentary inquiries
- Activity at political party conferences
- Showcasing Young Enterprise’s work to politicians in schools in their own constituencies.
Meet the team:
If you are a journalist, have a great Young Enterprise story or want to find out more about us please get it touch with [email protected]
View our latest news stories.