Unlocking Potential Strategy
We believe that the potential of the UK’s young people is unlimited, and an academic education on its own is not enough. We’ve launched our Unlocking Potential Strategy 2015/19 to set out the steps we will take to empower young people to discover, develop and celebrate their skills and potential.
Over the next four years we will:
- Build young people’s potential, supporting all young people, especially those who need our help the most, to build the skills and characters needed to succeed in business and life.
- Increase Young Enterprise’s reach to educational establishments, growing to 52% of secondary schools in 2015/16 and 75% of secondary schools by 2018/19.
- Extend our support for young people beyond their educational journey and in to the first six months of their transition into the world of work.
- Ensure employers recognise the value of skills and character and consider Young Enterprise alumni as prized recruits.
- Develop delivery models that support development and attainment and complement the curriculum, clearly adding value to schools’ teaching and learning plans.
- Develop programmes and build support for educators working with young people outside of mainstream education, such as youth workers, social workers and young offender institutions.
- Increase our use of digital technology in the delivery of our programmes to ensure greater impact, cost effectiveness and student engagement.