A region of outstanding natural beauty, stretching from Northumberland with its vast landscapes and castle lined coastline, to Teeside with its industrial heritage and beautiful surrounding countryside
Welcome to Young Enterprise, North East. Our committed team works in partnership with volunteers from local businesses to inspire and equip thousands of young people each year to learn and succeed through enterprise. Together we ensure that young people are part of the business future of this area.
Check out our brand new video for a behind the scenes look at the North East Regional Finals for students on the Young Enterprise Company Programme. With thanks to The Special Laboratory.
Want to get involved?
Our aim is to provide young people with skills and experiences to become successful in life and work to fulfill their own ambitions. Those skills include for example teamwork, presentation skills, financial management, marketing and developing creative and innovative ideas.
Don’t hesitate to contact us, if you want to get involved as:
- A young person part or full-time education who wants to take part in one of our programmes.
- A teacher or tutor looking for high quality enterprise education programmes and events.
- Interested in volunteering your time and sharing your experience of work and business.
- A Company that would like to support our work
- A past Young Enterprise participant who would like to join our Alumni programme.
Our contact details are on the right.
What’s been happening?
North East Company of the Year Final
Teams across the region competed to be crowned North East Company of the Year 2016 at the Marriott Hotel Metrocentre in Gateshead on 7 June 2016. The finalists were:
- Touch Wood – Cockermouth School
- Crafty Crafts – St Robert of Newminster School
- Litephox – Royal Grammar School Newcastle
- Eduvation – Nelson Thomlinson School
North East start-up lands contract to sell their products in Fenwickes
Newcastle based start-up Easy-Teasy have launched their product in one of the North East’s largest department stores, Fenwick Newcastle. Luci Cowie and Tom Webb took part in the Young Enterprise Start-Up programme as part of a module while attending Northumbria University. Find out more.