National Trade Fair hosts 65 Young Enterprise Teams from around the UK
(Pictured: Winning Team, Venture Pad)
On Saturday, 11th March, Stratford upon Avon hosted Young Enterprise’s annual National Trade Fair, with more than 65 school teams attending from the Company, Start Up and Team Programme. Products such as an educational language book, blended Mocktails, waterproof notepads, children’s craft packs and posh squash were all on sale to the general public.
Judges representing key businesses such as Jaguar Land rover and Costa Coffee interviewed each group and judged each stall looking at the innovative products, stall design and team business knowledge. Prizes were donated by Stratford upon Avon Rotary Club, and presented to the successful winners by Gilly Rushton, President and Ali Beattie, Chairman of Youth Opportunities of Stratford-upon-Avon Rotary Club.
- Venture Pad, St Paul’s School, London @VenturePadbrand
- The team designed a tear resistant, waterproof notebook and a pen which can be used to write underwater.
- Fruit Cuts, King Edward VI Grammar School, Essex
- The team designed child friendly fruit cutters along with instruction cards and a recipe card for meals.
- Solid light, Princes Risborough School, Buckinghamshire
- The team created Concrete pots for tea lights and general storage.