Hereford and Worcester Company of the Year County Finals 2017
Another brilliant event in the excellent venue of County Hall, Worcester for the Hereford and Worcester Company of the Year Finals. The judges were ably lead by Teri Baron who received a Gold Award for her many years of service to YE. Due to the judges’ focus and efficiency we were all able to hear the inspiring tale of Hugh Thomas, who performed at this event with his YE Company Kronos, 10 years ago and now runs a successful drinks company – Ugly Drinks. The perfect speaker.
The overall winner was Dynamic from Malvern St James who wrote a book on mindfulness.
In second place was Hidden from Tudor Grange Academy, Worcester selling t-shirts with an anti-bullying message.
Other prizes were:
- Social Ethical & Environmental supported by Spectrum Environmental went to Millennium from King’s School Worcester
- Innovation supported by QinetiQ went to Hidden, Tudor Grange Academy, Worcester
- Best Use of Technology supported by PCA Predict went to Illuminate from Malvern St James
- Best Managing Director supported by Herefordshire Council was Fleur Berry-Jones, MD of Okoola from Hereford Cathedral School ( a year 10 company)
- Teamwork supported by Worcestershire Ambassadors went to Terra Clothing from Hereford College of Arts
- Finance Award supported by BCRS Business Loans went to Dynamic from Malvern St James
- Centre Lead Award was won by Dan Attfield from Hereford Cathedral School
- Business Adviser Award was won by Stephen Smart, adviser to Millennium at King’s School Worcester
- Best Trade Stand supported by Yamazaki Mazak went to Millennium from King’s School Worcester
- Best Company report Worcester Bosch Thermotechnology went to Embark from Bromsgrove School
- Best Presentation Yamazaki Mazak went to Dynamic from Malvern St James