School Young Enterprise team makes £1,000 profit and impresses at South & Central Hampshire final
Bitterne Park School in Southampton won Best Company at the Young Enterprise South and Central Hampshire Area Final on the 20th March at the Ageas Bowl in Southampton, home of Hampshire County Cricket Club.
The team; BPS Shop, has made over £1,000 profit in the six months since September 2013 from their school shop selling personalised items including USB sticks and polo shirts, plus confectionary and soft drinks.
In total fifteen teams battled it out to win prizes – exhibiting their products on trade stands and presenting to 200 people.
The winners were:
- Best Company – BPS Shop from Bitterne Park School, Southampton
- Best Trade Stand – won by Cousin Candy’s Confectionary from Oasis Mayfield Academy in Southampton (supported by Clarke Willmott LLP)
- Best Business Plan – won by CRE8 from Barton Peveril Sixth Form College in Eastleigh (supported by Sea Breeze Yacht Charter)
- Best Presentation – won by BPS Shop from Bitterne Park School in Southampton (sponsored by Coffin Mew Solicitors)
- Best Company Report – won by BPS Shop from Bitterne Park School in Southampton (supported by Nat West Banking)
- Best Sales and Marketing – won by Get Local from Churchers College in Petersfield (supported by Plug and Play Design Ltd)
- Award for Financial Management – won by BPS Shop from Bitterne Park School in Southampton (supported by The Car Finance Company)
- Award for Innovation – won by Shwe from Winchester College in Winchester (supported by Influence Inc.)
Amanda Read, Chair of the South and Central Hampshire Young Enterprise Board said: “It was a fantastic evening with a great atmosphere and tremendous excitement. I would like to thank our generous supporters and also the link teachers and volunteer business advisors who dedicate so much time and effort into making the programme such a success in our area.
“But, most of all, I would like to thank all the young people who took part. Their enthusiasm, commitment and undoubted entrepreneurial talent are second to none.”
The four companies that go forward to the Hampshire County Final on 6th May are:
BPS Shop from Bitterne Park School in Southampton
Get Local from Churchers College in Petersfield
Shwe from Winchester College in Winchester
Magnet from St Swithun’s School in Winchester
For more information please contact Tina Braithwaite on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07738 942 251.