We believe every child should leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. That’s why we think it’s vital to give students the opportunity to develop key employability skills that will help them move to the next stage of their education, employment, self-employment or training. Teachers are increasingly incorporating enterprise learning into their teaching programmes to help students learn about the workplace and to inspire students to reach their full potential.
Independent research carried out by Kingston University shows that Young Enterprise programmes help increase both employability skills and academic attainment among young people. Young people develop key skills they need not only for the world of work but also for day to day life including:
- An understanding of how business works
- The ability to work in a team
- Improved communication skills
- Increased enthusiasm and self-confidence
- Willingness to take responsibility and show initiative
- Time management
- Effective work and social skills
You can find out more about the impact how our programmes help young people develop key employability competencies on our Research Reports page.