Developing skills for learning, life and work.
Target year group: 5 & 6
Length: Full or Half Day
The Young Enterprise Global Life workshop offers a unique and powerful way for pupils to see the world and make connections from local to global life. The Key Stage 2 Unit of Work enhances all areas of learning whether social or emotional, and intrinsically links to the Citizenship and Geography Curriculum. Completing a series of hands-on tasks that are designed around the theme of global trade provides an opportunity for pupils to apply skills for learning, life and work.
- Learn about and develop skills that are useful at home, school or play
- Appreciate living in a closely connected global community
- Recognise why countries trade globally
- Understand the implications of marketing a product on a global scale
- Develop teamwork, resilience and initiative while working through challenging tasks
- Use creativity to produce visual items
- Confidently present ideas in front of an audience.
Supports the school curriculum in the following areas:
- Supports the aim that all young people become responsible citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- Helps provide evidence towards Ofsted judgements in relation to: overall effectiveness, effectiveness of leadership & management, personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Enhances the curriculum, such as PSHE, Geography, English and Maths
- Contributes towards spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils
- Supports elements of social and emotional aspects of learning
- Supports community cohesion and fair trade policies
- Helps foster positive attitudes by engaging pupils in activities that encourage cooperation and development of self esteem.
Want to know more? Request more information