Building a student company with Young Enterprise Company Programme
More than 1 million young people have run a student company for a year with Young Enterprise.
Students learn the fundamentals of enterprise – understanding customers, selling and marketing products, making difficult decisions, working as a team, taking and sharing responsibility. Most importantly they will learn by doing. Enjoying real successes and overcoming real setbacks will make for a truly valuable experience.
Company Programme supports schools and colleges in the following ways:
- To meet their statutory duties to deliver, independent career guidance and provide evidence against the Gatsby Benchmarks
- Contributing to a stable careers programme. It provides inspiration and raises aspirations through encounters with employers and employees
- Prepare young people for the world of work by developing vital career, employability and life skills including: communication, confidence, financial capability, organisation, initiative, problem solving, resilience and teamwork
- Improve attainment and progression by contributing positively to destination measures
- Provide an opportunity to explore a range of career opportunities and / or by expanding the student and school / college’s network
- Create opportunities for meaningful experiences of the workplace
- Provide a real life context to support business studies and applied business awards
- Contribute to post-16 study programmes
- Utilise Young Enterprise’s large established network of volunteers from a range of industries
- Meet evidencing requirements for the Skills section of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards