Company Programme enables participants to experience what it’s like to set up and run a student company.
Running throughout one academic year, students make all the decisions about their enterprise, from deciding on the name and product to creating a business plan, managing the student company finances and selling to the public at trade fairs. Students are covered by Young Enterprise Public Liability Insurance. Up to 25 students per company.
All this takes place with the support of a volunteer Business Adviser who brings a wealth of business knowledge and expertise. A range of resources are provided to help manage the company. Teams track their progress using self assessment tools and even compete against other schools in local, regional and national competitions.
Recent evaluations showed:
• 95% of young people of young people felt the have improved at least one employability competency including Self-esteem, Problem solving and Resilience.
• 92% of teachers agree that Company Programme has increased self-awareness in student’s capabilities and potential
• 73% of young people agree the business adviser they met on the programme helped them understand the world of work
• 81% of young people reported that Company Programme was useful in learning how to manage money.
• 89% of teachers agree Company Programme has raised students’ employability skills
• 76% of teachers agree that Company Programme raises young people’s career aspirations (understanding what various roles entail in terms of responsibilities)
Download: Career Building Framework Guide
Want to know more? Request information here.